This summary is published every Monday and is a list of SL viewer / client releases (official and TPV) made during the previous week. When reading it, please note:
- It is based on my Viewer Round-up Page, a list of all Second Life viewers and clients that are in popular use (and of which I am aware) and which are recognised as being in adherence with the TPV Policy
- By its nature, this summary will always be in arrears
- The Viewer Round-up Page is updated as soon as I’m aware of any releases / changes to viewers & clients, and should be referred to for more up-to-date information as the week progresses
- The Viewer Round-up Page also includes comprehensive links to download pages, blog notes, release notes, etc., as well as links to any / all reviews of specific viewers / clients made within this blog.
Updates for the week ending: 30 September, 2012
- SL Viewer updates:
- Beta version rolled to 184.108.40.2065134 on September 24 – release notes
- Development rolled to 220.127.116.115141 on September 25
- Mesh project viewer rolled to 18.104.22.1685139 on September 25, and then to 22.214.171.1245192 on September 26. 126.96.36.1995139 included an additional upload option for “scrawny male” shapes; 188.8.131.525192 saw the normal weighting calculation disabled, as it conflicted with how Blender creates sharp edges and would cause the deformer to split the edge
- Kokua rolled to 184.108.40.20607 (GMa) on September 25 – core updates: Further Grid Manager updates, same build number as previous version, but GM designation updated to “GMa”. No release notes available
- Zen version 220.127.116.11 was released on September 28 – core updates: updated to latest deformer code & inclusion of the Cool VL DEFORM_TO_CURRENT_SHAPE Patch; pathfinding updates; return of the Custom Colour options in the UI Skinning Panel & addition of Pie Menu Colour options; removal of unreliable NVidia OpenGL Shader switches; further windlight presets; assorted minor updates & fixes
- Cool Viewer Stable rolled to 18.104.22.168 and Experimental to 22.214.171.124, both on September 29. Core updates:
- Stable: fix for issue of new server messages not showing; minor assorted fixes
- Experimental: updated to latest deformer code; added a patch allowing the upload of deformer-ready mesh which is referenced to the shape your avatar is wearing when you upload that mesh;
- Release notes for both
- LittleSight for Android rolled to 1.4.0 on September 25 – core changes: minor bug fix.
- Libretto – note that the website for the Libretto client has been unavailable since mid-September.