The update sees the viewer maintain parity with the Lab’s 3.7.6 code base, and introduces a number of tweaks and updates, as defined in the release notes.
Most notable among the latter are some further updates to the Preferences floater, a revised camera floater, and the import of some capabilities from other TPVs, notably Firestorm.
There are a number of updates to the UKanDo Preferences tabs with this release, including:
- General > Avatar tab: check boxes for avatar turning added / re-introduced
- Graphics > Hardware: now has a drop-down with options for Anisotropic Filtering
- Move & View tab: camera mouse sensitivity slider added (slider to the left = slower, more controlled camera movement; slider to the right = faster camera movement); also numeric values added to sensitivity sliders (Mouselook and Camera)
- Advanced tab: the check boxes (Allow Multiple Viewers, etc.) are now arranged in two columns
Firestorm Pose Stand
UKanDo 3.7.6 adds the Firestorm pose stand by Cinder Roxley with updates from Ansariel Hiller. This can be found on the UKanDo menu. This enables you to fit and adjust attachments, etc., wherever you are. The option does not require a physical pose stand to be rezzed – so it can be used anywhere, regardless as to whether object entry / rezzing is disabled.
The pose stand animations will override those in your AO – unless your AO animations are very high priority. So if you find that you are not being posed when the Pose Stand window is open, then turn off your AO.
Firestorm produced a brief tutorial video when they originally released the pose stand. Note that the UKanDo implementation has a warning to remind users to disable their AO when activating the pose lock feature.
As well as the above updates, UKanDo 3.7.6 includes:
A smaller camera floater with button fixes (which could perhaps benefit for a drag-to-resize option)
- Ability to prevent your avatar from automatically turning to face a selected object (from Firestorm / Ansariel Hiller)
- Optional Viewer 1.x behaviour so your avatar turns to the camera direction after hitting ESC (see FIRE-6357 / Zi Ree)
- Hide my group title option (via Kokua / Firestorm).