Update February 25th: As per a comment from Jessica Lyon, Firestorm have now merged the Server-side Baking code and updates to RLVa into one of their private repositories.
On the 13th February, 2013, the Firestorm team hosted a question-and-answer session in which they could outline the current status of the Firestorm viewer, the issues the team (and SL) are facing, and outline plans for both the immediate future and longer-term as well as address questions from the audience.
While the meeting was recorded, the Firestorm team are aware that many of their users have hearing difficulties, and / or prefer to read text. It is because of this that this transcript has been provided, otgether with the original recording itself. When reading it, please remember:
- This is not a word-for-word transcript of the entire meeting. While all quotes given are as they are spoken in the video, to assist in readability and maintain the flow of conversation, not all asides, jokes, interruptions, etc., have been included in the text present here
- If there are any sizeable gaps in comments from a speaker which resulted from asides, questions to other speakers or requests for images to be displayed, these are indicated by the use of “…”.
- Timestamps are provided as guidance should anyone wish to hear the comments in full from any speaker on the video
- Questions were asked in chat during the meeting and while speakers were talking. This inevitably meant that replies to questions would lag well behind when they were orginially asked. Therefore, to provide context for both questions and answers, questions have been included in the transcript and timestamped at the point at which each is addressed by a member of the Firestorm team
- The meeting proper commences at 16:36 into the video, and this is the point at which the transcript starts.
- Meeting video on YouTube
- Firestorm: where next and early looks
- Avatar Baking: “and the clock has started!”
- CHUI: no, not a Wookie, a viewer from LL – with feedback requested
- Materials processing: the what, why and where
- Materials processing: more sneak peeks
- Firestorm classes
Please use the page numbers below to start reading / navigate through the transcript.