The transition from Magic Boxes to Direct Delivery has been extended indefinitely. We will be providing a 30-day warning before any shutdown actions are taken and will avoid doing this before peak holidays for the Marketplace (Halloween, Christmas/New Year’s, Valentine’s Day).
We are aware that some Merchants are still having problems with the Merchant Outbox. We are are working with TPVs and our internal development teams to address this issue.
The comment relating to TPV involvement possibly relates to WEB-4600, VWR-28630/VWR-28631 and VWR-28629, although it has caused some confusion, as there appears to have been little or no recent discussion on matters between LL and at least one TPV team.
The update gives no further information on the status of the range of JIRA items related to the Marketplace which have been under investigation now for the greater part of 2012. These items comprise:
- Limited Quantity Support Merchant does not have rights to copy the items for sale (no JIRA number supplied)
- WEB-2974 (Listing enhancement stuck in “Charging, cannot edit right now” state)
- WEB-4138 (Confirmation emails failing to deliver)
- WEB-4441 (Orders stuck in “Being Delivered” state)
- WEB-4554 (Test delivery permissions incorrect)
- WEB-4567 (Bulk delete fails for some merchants)
- WEB-4587 (listings with the wrong images)
- WEB-4592 (Orders marked as “Delivery Partially Failed” on success)
- WEB-4600 (Merchant Outbox failures)
- WEB-4696 (Deleted listings appearing in search results)
Meanwhile, in the Marketplace release for September 26th, 2012, the Commerce Team did successfully change the “sent from” from email address to service@mail.Secondlife.com for all sales notification e-mails sent to merchants (this was previously firstname.lastname@example.org). However, as no formal notification was apparently given on this change ahead of time, many merchants only discovered the change as a result of their e-mail applications treating incoming sales notifications with the new “from” address as spam …