The following is summary of changes to SL viewers / clients (official and TPV) which have taken place in the past week. It is based on my Viewer Round-up Page, which provides a list of all Second Life viewers and clients that are in popular use (and of which I am aware) and which are recognised as being in adherence with the TPV Policy.
This summary is published every Monday, and by its nature will always be in arrears. Therefore, for the most up-to-date information on viewers and clients, please see my Viewer Round-up Page, which is updated as soon as I’m aware of any changes, and which includes comprehensive links to download pages, blog notes, release notes, etc., for Viewers and clients as well as links to any / all reviews of specific viewers / clients made within this blog.
A relatively quiet week. I’ve attempted to add summaries of what might be regarded as “core” changes / fixes to Viewers (where possible); these aren’t in any way supposed to be exhaustive – that’s what release notes and change logs are for! Hopefully, they’ll give a flavour for what has changed within a release.
I’m curious to know how many find these summaries and the main Round-up Page useful, and whether the additional information on release changes as seen here would be more appreciated if seen in the main Round-up Page.
Updates for the week ending: 17 June, 2012
- SL Viewer updates:
- Beta version: 22.214.171.1249197, June 12th – core fixes / updates: VWR-8761 Cannot delete object description; VWR-21538 SLVoice does not exit after viewer exits; SH-2668 ”ocean” water is always 20m high instead of the Region Water Height; SH-2689 worn mesh rezzing issues; improved language support (VWR-21538, VWR-23844, VWR-26542, VWR-28950; implements STORM-1819, Ternary/graded shadow support (release notes)
- Development: rolled to 126.96.36.1999223, June 9th
- Pathfinding: 188.8.131.529040, June 11th
- Dolphin Viewer rolled to 3.3.924419 on June 14th – core changes: fixing graphics bug partially breaking UI; updates to latest LL Dev Viewer & Marine Kelley’s RLV 184.108.40.206; incorporation of Liny Odel’s fix for SH-3153
- Niran’s Viewer rolled to 1.41 on the 11th June – UI tweaks, Windlight preset additions and tweaks, additional work on translating panels & right-click menus; bug fixes for Viewer crashing on Invalid Texture Index and RLV/a minimap issue (release notes)
- Cool VL Viewer rolled to 220.127.116.11 on June 9th – core changes: fixing render crashes due to objects rezzing badly / incompletely (& a hardening of render code); improvements to the Search floater; additional v3.3 code backports, including: latest LLCurl and increasing ban line height to 5000m; arrow keys can still move avatar with chat input floater open (but not focused) (change log)