This is a weekly summary of changes to all SL Viewers / clients of which I’m aware and which are in popular use across the grid / listed in the TPVD. Detailed links to said Viewers / clients can be found in my Viewer Round-up Page. The links supplied in this summary are either to change logs or to reviews within this blog.
Updates for week ending: 22 April, 2012
- The SL Beta Viewer rolled to 22.214.171.124008 and Development Viewer rolled to 126.96.36.199043, which includes the new local textures viewer (textures can be used in builds, but will only be visible to you; other users will see them greyed-out) – both released on the 17th April
- Dolphin reached a jumbo number, 188.8.131.5247, code-named “Armageddon”, which includes Linden Lab’s “local textures” solution integrated into it, replacing the code common to most TPVs (note this doesn’t replace the “temporary upload” option within the image upload floater), together with the single AO “button in a button” solution that has been appearing across V3.2 TPVs over the last few months. Lance explains the “Armageddon” code name in terms of a video clip, which kind-of has a link back to “747″…
- Niran V Dean has rectified recent computer issues, making a 2nd PREVIEW release of version 1.33 of Niran’s Viewer. This includes a hosts of tweaks, a number of very cool additions (including two excellent camera presets and make a large number of fixes, include implementation of assorted STORM JIRA. I’ll be reviewing the full release of 1.33 in-depth in the near future
- Zen Viewer passed rapidly through version 184.108.40.206, and reach 220.127.116.11 with various fixes and tweaks in both
- Cool VL Viewer rolled out 18.104.22.168. Among the changes made are a number of LSL support updates and a fix to the Linux version to prevent the Viewer crashing when uploading rigged meshes